News & Reviews
This little studio is growing and people are talking!
|DC Breaking Local News Weather Sports FOX 5 WTTG
||Fashion experts share autumn decor tips
- Holy Morris from Fox 5 News features the Bits of Thread Studio and AC Moore Director of Education Robin Beam in this live segment on Halloween crafts. WATCH HERE
||Sew What? Why D.C.’s indie crafters still have to go to the ’burbs for fabric
- by Kat Aaron”
- Allison Lince-Bentley, who owns Bits of Thread, has watched the sewing scene grow quickly over the past five years. When she and a friend started a local sewing lounge in late 2008, there were about six people at the first event. “By the second event it was 30 people, and by the next month there were 30 people on the waiting list,” she says.” READ THE FULL STORY
- by Kathleen Schuster
- NPR Intern Edition, Summer 2011″Sewing has made a comeback for young and middle-age women in the U.S. Bits of Thread Sewing Studio, a D.C. establishment, has no trouble filling seats for after-work sewing lessons.” READ MORE
||Bits of Thread is in the News!
- A Washington Post article by Terri Sapienza features the Bits of Thread Sewing Studio. Check out the full story, and watch the video tutorial on how to make a throw pillow cover.
||A few words from past and current students:
- “In just a few lessons, Allison gave me so much practical information in a clear, straight-forward way that made sense and wasn’t overwhelming. She tailored her teaching to my learning style and the specific project I was working on and provided countless helpful tips. Most importantly, she gave me the confidence and guidance I needed to carry out my project.” -Gabrielle
- “Allison is a wonderful teacher! She understands that not everyone learns the same way and tailors lessons accordingly. Her goal seems to be ensuring that her students learn what they need to know, while making things that they want to have.”-Karen
- “Not only is Allison extremely personable and talented, but she is a terrific instructor. Allison explains and demonstrates every step, so that even the most inexperienced sewer can understand and replicate. After two lessons, I literally went from never sewing a stitch to working on my first piece of clothing. DC is really lucky to have Allison and Bits of Thread!” -Rachel
- “Allison has a real gift for teaching. Her thoughtful and patient teaching style has made learning to sew a lot of fun.”- Kristin
Check out our YELP reviews or add one of your own.